As a business grows there is a need to share files, store data securely and move information around seamlessly. Small business server is the ideal solution to achieve all this and a lot more, it provides many of the features used by large companies, all in one affordable, integrated solution, saving you time and money. There are many advantages to having a server, including greater connectivity with your customers and colleagues, and improved information security.
How do I know if I need a server?
If you can put a tick against a few of the following statements it may be time to consider a server.
- You have two or more computers in your business that you need to connect.
- You need to protect business information and your network from unauthorised users.
- You want to be able to see the calendars of your colleagues to easily schedule meetings.
- You need a reliable process to back up information and you need to store, access, and share information in one central location.
- You need to save money by sharing equipment and resources such as printers, fax machines, and Internet connectivity.
- You need to access company information and resources while away from the office.
- You need to manage different versions of files.
- You’d like to send and receive emails and calendar updates on your mobile phone or PDA.
- You need to present a professional image and manage your customer relationships more effectively.
- You like the idea of staying connected to your customers, even when you’re not at your desk.
- You’re not using company domain email addresses ie name@yourcompany and are instead using the likes of Hotmail and Gmail.